**Please read this before submitting a message asking for help with a dog**
We are volunteers and we need your cooperation.
IF SEEKING INFO ABOUT ADOPTION: please submit a Petfinder inquiry for the particular dog you are interested in. The coordinator of that dog will be in touch.
IF SEEKING ASSISTANCE WITH SPAY/NEUTER FOR YOUR PET BECAUSE YOU WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING BUT YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT AT THIS TIME:
Yes, we want to help you! Submit a request below.
If you are contacting us needing assistance with an animal, please know that we receive several inquiries per day. We may be able to help if you can say YES to all of the following:
Please read the following information very thoroughly. All of these steps are extremely important in saving the life of the dog you are requesting transport for.
1. Please submit a complete request via Googledoc thoroughly. If the form is not fully complete, your request will be deleted and you will need to resubmit your request.
2. Within 48 hours of filling out the transport request, you will need to send email@example.com one email per dog you are requesting for transport. If you have a litter that is under 10 weeks, you can send one email for the entire litter. This needs to be a new email with “Dogs name- Transport Records” in the subject line. If all of the following are not in the email your request cannot be processed. Please make sure this email is submitted within 48 hours. *All of our requests are time sensitive*
- A clear, in the light, photo close up of the dog/dogs.
- Proof of a Negative HW test (vet records, shelter records, or IDEXX snap test photo
- Scanned records or clear pictures of all records if applicable (rabies, DHPP, Bordatella, chip, Spay/neuter, etc.)
- A video of the dog doing the following things (for behavior purposes that our partners request to see from the dogs they are taking into their program)
a. The dog receiving a treat
b. The dog walking on a leash
c. The dog with other dogs
d. Interacting closely with a human (preferably in/close to the face)
Here is a link to a video (this is an adoption video so this is much longer than what I need for your request). If you can get A-D done within a minute, that’s great!
Please note the following:
*We do not and cannot take requests for where the dogs go. We partner with multiple rescues and shelters who take their pick from us. If you are a rescue, we would be happy to share with you where the dog is going. With that being said, please keep in mind that these shelters and rescues are just as busy as we are and if you choose to reach out to them, be polite, respectful and understand that they may not be able to respond immediately or in a timely manner (if you are a foster for a rescue, we will most likely not be able to give you that information-you can ask your rescue for updates- based on previous experiences with people overwhelming our rescues/shelters with excessive update requests). If you would like to adopt a dog out yourself, you can book/pay for a transport spot through us and just let us know your dog already has a destination.
*Please do not tag individual representatives or Three Little Pitties in a post on Facebook for a transport dog. We will not respond to these requests. The only way to successfully get a dog on a transport is to do the steps stated above.*
*Networking for dogs starts 2 weeks before their travel date which means I need all information for any dog being considered for a travel date a minimum of 3 weeks before the date that you're hoping to send them on. With bigger transports, this means it's very possible/likely that dogs you send requests for will travel within 3-5 weeks if all of the forms and emails are submitted correctly. Dogs will not be booked for transport until all information bolded above is complete.*
*If you submit a dog for transport and then cancel your request due to another option for the dog coming about (unless medical) you will be on a three strike basis. After this happens the 3rd time then you will not be allowed to submit any requests for transport in the future. Please be respectful and understand that we are only volunteers and this takes a lot of time. Once you submit a dog for this transport protocol then they need to be removed from any other adoption or rescue pulling attempts.
Although we all love updates, please do not send me more pictures of the dogs (they’re all super cute, I know!) but this clogs my emails up from the important transport emails.
All of this information is extremely important so please be sure you have read through it all and completely understand what is asked of you. We need to work as a team to make things possible and I am happy to help make that happen as long as all of these things that we request are submitted properly. If they aren’t, I have no choice but to delete your request due to the high number of requests I receive that are filled out thorough and properly.
The Three Little Pitties Team
Follow us on Facebook! @ThreeLittlePittiesRescue
Follow us on Instagram! @ThreeLittlePittiesRescue